Permitting & Development
Macchi & Macchi is a premier land use and permitting law firm in metrowest and southeastern Massachusetts. We often serve as lead land use counsel, as well as local zoning counsel for national and international companies or other law firms.
With over 50 years of experience working with town officials and boards, we bring an unparalleled level of institutional knowledge to our clients’ projects. We have a deep and well-established understanding of the permitting environment, and we work well with the local officials and boards, as well as consultants and engineers. While we recognize that the local permitting process requires a collaborative approach, we never cease being fierce advocates for our clients.
We believe that preparation is the key to success in any permitting process, and as a result our tradition is to work closely with our clients, their consultants and the town or city officials during the pre-application and pre-hearing phase of a project to work out any issues prior to an administrative hearing. We have found that this investment pays dividends to our clients, and our strong track record bears this out. We have the experience, knowledge, creativity, relationships, and success record to help our clients achieve their zoning and permitting goals.
Examples of Services
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Representation at local boards including: Zoning Boards of Appeals, Planning Boards, Boards of Selectmen, Boards of Health, Historic District Commissions, Conservation Commissions, and Sewer & Water Commissions
- Zoning and land use opinions
- By-law amendments and zoning changes
- Affordable Housing Law and Chapter 40B
- Subdivision Control Law
- Liquor Licensing
- General bylaws/ordinances
- Green Building
- ADA, FHA, AAB
- State building code
- TIF and DIF agreements
- Inter-municipal agreements, MWRA straddle permits and inter-basin transfers
- If you have a need that is not presented herein, we encourage you to contact us directly as the above is not a complete enumeration of our services